East to West, 19 Days





All about the East to West, 19 Days.

The ultimate adventure, East to West, 19 Days is a sweeping tour of all Turkey has to offer. From Istanbul, start your off-the-beaten-path journey in the East and experience the region’s unique cultures and visit less-frequented sites, including Kars, the Ani Ruins, Lake Van, and Urfa. As you travel west, take in the more well-known sites of Cappadocia, Konya, and Antalya. Relax and enjoy the scenic Mediterranean before heading up the Aegean coast to see the natural beauty of Pamukkale and the wonderment of Ephesus. Continuing northward, we stop to pay homage to more history, visiting Troy and Gallipoli, before making our way back to bustling Istanbul.

  • We can tailor this private round trip for you considering your dates, interests , arrival and departure city of turkey.You also can book this tour with ”pay on tour” option , paying only %20 life time deposit.

The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance
What is included in this tour?Items that are included in the cost of tour price.

All our itineraries are for private tours, which includes ;

  • Hotels
  • Domestic flights
  • Airport transfers
  • Taxes
  • Entrance fees
  • Professional guide
  • Ground transportation via a private, air-conditioned vehicle
  • Breakfasts for days 2-19.
Whats not included in this tour.Items that are not included in the cost of tour price.
  • Lunches
  • Dinners
  • Tips
  1. Day 1 Istanbul

    Welcome to Istanbul! Our representative will meet you at your port of entry and transfer you to your hotel. The rest of the day is yours for exploration. In the evening, you will meet your guide and the rest of the group.

    Overnight Istanbul

  2. Day 2 Istanbul, Trabzon

    After breakfast, we embark on a fully-guided tour of the only city in the world that spans two continents. We visit the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace, the Basilica Cistern, and the Hippodrome. In the evening, we fly to Trabzon.

    Overnight Trabzon

  3. Day 3 Erzurum, Sumela Monastery

    We begin the day by driving to the Sumela Monastery. Afterwards, we continue to Erzurum. After check-in at our hotel, we have a fully-guided tour of the city.

    Overnight Erzurum

  4. Day 4 Kars, Ani

    Today we move onwards to Kars, a city dotted with Russian, Ottoman, and Selcuk monuments. After check-in at our hotel, we will drive a short distance to visit the ruins of Ani, the medieval capital of Armenia.

    Overnight Kars

  5. Day 5 Van, Ishak Pasha Palace

    Today we drive to Van. On the way, we visit Ishak Pasha Palace, a rare example of a mixture of Ottoman and Middle-Eastern architectural styles. After check-in at our hotel, we take a boat out onto Lake Van, visiting Akdamar Island and its 10th-century Armenian Holy Cross Church.

    Overnight Van

  6. Day 6 Mardin, Hasankeyf

    As we make our way to Mardin, we visit Hasankeyf, an ancient settlement and current natural conservation area with rich archeological sites dating from the 12th century AD.

    Overnight Mardin

  7. Day 7 Mardin

    Today we explore the ancient town on Mardin, known for its intricate and fascinating limestone architecture. Sites include the Mor Hananyo Monastery, as well as a couple of small churches and mosques.

    Overnight Mardin

  8. Day 8 Urfa, Kahta

    We drive to Kahta today. On the way, we stop to visit Urfa, known as the Prophets’ City due to the legend telling that it was Abraham’s hometown.

    Overnight Kahta

  9. Day 9 Mt. Nemrut, Cappadocia

    This morning you have the opportunity to watch the sunrise from the tomb sanctuary at Mount Nemrut. After the breakfast, we drive to Cappadocia. In the evening, there is the option to watch a Whirling Dervish ritual.

    Overnight Cappadocia

  10. Day 10 Cappadocia

    Early this morning, you have the opportunity to take a hot air balloon ride. After breakfast, we visit the Göreme Open Air Museum, Uçhisar Castle, Pasabag (the Valley of the Monks), and trek through this magical landscape.

    Overnight Cappadocia

  11. Day 11 Cappadocia, Konya

    Today we head to a local village just outside of Konya where we will spend the night with a family. On the way, we stop at the Kaymakli Underground City and Sultan Han (Sultanhani Caravanserai), the largest caravanserai in Anatolia. Upon arrival in Konya, we tour the mausoleum and accompanying museum of Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi. As part of our homestay, we enjoy the famous Turkish hospitality and some of the most delicious home-cooked food. There is a chance to explore the surrounding areas, perhaps visiting the cooperative that sells hand-made items or sitting and relaxing in the tea garden to watch village life pass.

    Overnight Guneysınır (homestay)

  12. Day 12 Antalya

    Today we head towards Antalya, stopping along the way at Aspendos, whose Roman theatre is one of the preserved in the world. Upon arrival in Antalya, we have a walking tour of the Old City, notable for its Castle Gate, Grooved Minaret, and Ottoman-style buildings.

    Overnight Antalya

  13. Day 13 Kekova, Kaş

    On our way to Kaş, we make a short stop in Kekova. By boat, we tour the Island of Kekova where you see the remains of a sunken ancient town. We explore the archeological site of Simena Castle and the surrounding Lycian tombs on this beautiful windswept stretch of the Turkish Mediterranean coast.

    Overnight Kaş

  14. Day 14 Fethiye

    Continuing our coastal drive, we head to Fethiye today. In the afternoon, we head to nearby Oludeniz, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

    Overnight Fethiye

  15. Day 15 Pamukkale, Selçuk

    Today we continue to Pamukkale, first visiting the ancient city of Hierapolis, whose impressive sites include the Frontinus and North Byzantine Gates, the Theatre, the Temple of Apollo, and the Necropolis. Nearby are the magnificent white calcium terraces (travertines) of Pamukkale. In the afternoon, we continue to Selçuk.

    Overnight Selçuk

  16. Day 16 Selçuk

    More history awaits, with a guided tour of Ephesus and a visit to the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Traversing the marble streets of Ephesus, notable sites we will see include the Baths of Scholastica, the Library of Celsus, the Temple of Hadrian, and the 25,000-seat amphitheatre. Afterwards, we drive to the house of the Virgin Mary. We will stop at Sirince Village for lunch. After exploring this village, we will head to the St. John Basilica.

    Overnight Selçuk

  17. Day 17 Pergamon, Troy, Çanakkale

    Today we drive to Çanakkale, stopping in Pergamon and Troy on the way. In Pergamon, we will tour of the magnificent Acropolis, whose impressive temples and library made it a renowned cultural and political center of its time. Afterwards, we will visit the ancient walls of Troy.

    Overnight Çanakkale

  18. Day 18 Gallipoli, Istanbul

    Today we travel to one of the most emotionally-touching places in Turkey—Gallipoli—where we will tour the WWI battlefields. Sites include the Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Memorials, ANZAC Cove, Johnston’s Jolly Cemetery, the original trenches and tunnels, as well as the Nek. In the afternoon, we will make our way back to Istanbul.

    Overnight Istanbul

  19. Day 19 Istanbul

    After breakfast, our tour concludes, and we say goodbye to our new friends. You will be transferred to the airport for your onward flight.

Ishak pasha palace


Mt.nemrut,Eastern Turkey

My Turkey Adventure works with a select number of boutique hotels all around Turkey. Over the years, our guides and team members have combined passenger feedback with their own experiences to create a list of reliable accommodations. We have built professional relationships with the owners and staff at these establishments, and their pride, helpfulness, and enthusiasm reflects in the hotel’s quality and service.

We try to steer clear of the “luxury” 4- and 5-star resorts. By catering to large tour groups, these hotels usually have mediocre service, poorer-quality rooms, and offer buffet-style meals that are picked-at by dozens of travelers each day. The hotels we work with, albeit smaller/boutique, have earned our trust due to their consistent quality, safe and central locations, authenticity, and friendly service. All of our accommodations have free wifi and offer fresh breakfasts with a variety of options.

See the hotels we use for this itinerary:

ISTANBUL : Centrum hotel or similar

TRABZON : Panagia suite otel or similar

ERZURUM : Rafo otel or similar

KARS : Katerina sarayı otel or similar

VAN : Double tree by hilton or similar

MARDİN : Yay grand otel or similar

ADIYAMAN : Hilton garden ınn or similar

CAPPADOCIA : Sofa hotel avanos or similar

ANTALYA : Eski masal hotel or similar

KAŞ : Linda otel or similar

FETHİYE : Perdikıa hıll otel or similar

SELCUK : St. john hotel or similar

PAMUKKALE : Melrose view point hotel or similar

ÇANAKKALE : Büyük truva otel or similar


The tour package inclusions and exclusions at a glance.
SOFA HOTELAvanos / Cappdocia

ST. JOHN HOTELIzmir / Selcuk


All of our tours are instantly confirmed via email upon booking. Day tours can be booked up until 24 hours before the start of the tour. Multi-day or group tours can be booked up until 7 days before the start of the tour.

Arrival Day

Welcome to Turkey and to a new adventure! Unless we have arranged an alternate meeting point for you, please make your way to your starting-city hotel. Your guide will meet you at 6:00pm in the hotel lobby for introductions and tour preliminaries. If you arrive early, you can opt to store your luggage at the hotel and go exploring or ask us about some pre-tour activity recommendations.

Airport Transfer

If you have booked an airport transfer with us, we will arrange for a driver to take you to your hotel. He/she will meet you outside the airport terminal with a sign bearing your name. The arrival waiting area can get quite busy, so please look carefully for your name.

Joining the Hotel

If you have booked a multi-day and/or group tour or you are already in the starting-city, you will meet your guide at the hotel. Hotel check-in times usually begin from 2:00-3:00pm. For multi-day and/or group tours, we will meet in the hotel lobby at 6:00pm for introductions and tour preliminaries.


Payments can be made by credit card on our website or by wire transfer. If paying by credit card, you will be charged in full at the time of booking. If paying by wire transfer, you can pay a 20% deposit via transfer and pay the remaining 80% at the start of your tour. We accept payments in Turkish Lira, Euro, and U.S. Dollar.

Cancellations and Refund Policy

Multi-day tours can be cancelled within 15 days. If you cancel before the 15-day window, we will refund 80% of the tour price. The remaining 20% will be kept as a life-time deposit. You, your family, or your friends can apply this 20% to any future bookings.

If you cancel within 15 days, you will be refunded 80% of the tour cost, but will not be eligible for the remaining 20% life-time deposit.

Day tours can be cancelled within 7 days. If you cancel before the 7-day window, we will refund 80% of the tour price. The remaining 20% will be kept as a life-time deposit. You, your family, or your friends can apply this 20% to any future bookings.

If you cancel within 7 days, you will be refunded 80% of the tour cost, but will not be eligible for the remaining 20% life-time deposit.

If you have a 20% lifetime deposit with us, please email us when booking so we can adjust the pricing.


Tour Confirmation

All of our tours are instantly confirmed via email upon booking. Day tours can be booked up until 24 hours before the start of the tour. Multi-day or group tours can be booked up until 7 days before the start of the tour.

Itinerary Disclaimer

While we rarely have to deviate from our itineraries, travel can be unpredictable. We reserve the right to make alterations to our itineraries in cases of unforeseen circumstances (i.e., bad weather or local circumstances).

Meeting with your Guide

For both private and group multi-day tours, you will meet in your starting-city’s hotel lobby at 6:00pm for introductions and tour preliminaries.

For day tours, your meeting time is 9:00 am unless otherwise specified.

Emergency Numbers

We can be reached at the following numbers:

+90 544 291 07 89

+90 242 242 07 89

In-country emergency numbers:

Police: 155

Ambulance/Medical: 112


We strongly recommend that our passengers select a travel insurance policy to cover the duration of their tour. This should, importantly, cover any medical expenses incurred, but we also recommend insurance for personal liability, cancellation, and loss of luggage.

Finishing Point

We are happy to help with your post-tour plans! Let us know if you would like us to arrange a hotel reservation, airport transfer, or activity.

What to Bring

We recommend packing as lightly as possible. Hotels and buildings in Turkey often lack entry ramps, and public transport can get quite crowded (limiting the space for luggage). For daily activities, a day pack or large purse will suffice.

Make sure to bring all necessary documentation, including passport, visa (if needed), itinerary, flight information, and any travel insurance papers.

As for clothing, the weather in Turkey will vary depending on where your tour takes you and the time of year during which you travel. Please check the weather statistics for an idea about seasonal items. For tours traveling to more conservative areas, we recommend bringing a few modest-clothing items (long-sleeved shirt/sweater and pants/long skirt). Women may want to bring a scarf for mosque visits.


The currency in Turkey is the Turkish Lira (TL). My Turkey Adventure accepts tour payments in Turkish Lira, Euros, or US dollars. While most restaurants, bars, and shops in urban areas will accept credit and debit cards, you will need to have TL on hand to use for smaller items, local shops, and tipping. Every traveler is different when it comes to spending habits, therefore it’s entirely up to you when deciding how much money to bring.

Your guide will point out exchange offices and/or banks for you to change or withdraw cash. If you need to change money at the airport, keep the amount low as the rates will be poorer than those in the city center.

We recommend keeping some extra cash (around 100EUR) to use in case of emergency or unforeseen circumstances.


At restaurants, it is customary to leave a 5-10% tip if you are satisfied with the service.

For taxis, just round up your fare (for example, if your trip is 15.25TL, give 16TL).

At hotels, we recommend tipping 1EUR per person per day.

If you are happy with your tour and would like to show your appreciation, tips for your guide and/or driver can be given at the end of your tour. While the amount is solely at your discretion, we recommend tipping around 2EUR per person per day to your driver and 4-5EUR per person per day to your guide.

Optional Activities

We offer a variety of optional activities to supplement our itineraries. These can be found on our website, or you can ask us for recommendations.


Safety and Security

A basic awareness of your surroundings will go a long way in keeping you and your belongings safe. We recommend keeping your passports, extra cash, and important documents in your hotel room’s safe or, if unavailable, with the hotel front-desk staff. Try not to carry large amounts of cash. Pickpocketing is a problem in urban areas, particularly in Istanbul’s large crowds. Keep your personal effects close—a bag or purse that can be zipped or a money belt are recommended. You may also want to bring a luggage lock for added security during air transit.

While Turkey is a relatively safe country to visit, please trust your guide’s judgement and experience if he or she tells you to avoid certain neighbourhoods or activities.

When exploring on your own, please be aware of the “Let’s get a drink” scam, which has targeted tourists in recent years. A stranger (someone telling you they are a guide or fellow traveler, for example) will invite you to a bar or restaurant for drink/food. These people work with the bar/restaurant, and your bill will be horribly high (we have heard of people being forced to pay 3000TL for a bottle of raki or wine). It can become precarious if the tourist refuses to pay. While this scam tends to target single-travelers (particularly men), small groups of 2-3 people can also be targeted.

There are some touristy restaurants that do not list prices on their menus, or they will attempt to inflate your bill by serving you extra portions without you having ordered them. Keep a menu at the table to double-check your bill and make sure to clearly state how many portions you want when ordering. Your guide will be happy to give you recommendations for high-quality, honest places to eat during your free time, so don’t hesitate to ask!

Protests and demonstrations, however well-intentioned, can turn rowdy or violent. If you encounter a protest, leave the area immediately.

Overall Rating


Positive SSL

Keep Calm & Stay Social !